Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Anchoring the Anchor

Wouldn't it be nice if I had internet access and could just include all the pictures and their descriptions in just one nice post? One can only dream. But as it is, I'll try to find contentment in posting all this over my limited HF radio connection.

So, the anchor. Yeah, really interesting right? As such I'll keep it short. I bought an anchor when I was out in town last. I didn't like the idea of the thing sliding around and not having a place of it's own in the boat; something solid would be needed that would keep it from falling out in the event of a capsize, or otherwise banging around making a bunch of racket, or worse, doing damage to the plywood hull. So I whipped up this little contraption which seems like it'll work out nicely. It keeps the anchor nicely stowed, out of the way, where the stub mast is stepped, under the seat there. The bottom end of the anchor, where the chain attaches, is held in place by a rare earth magnet, extracted from an old hard drive. I use those magnets for tons of things! Glad I found a spot for one on Shan Skailyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment