Sunday, December 2, 2012

Railyn On Skailyn

Last Saturday I worked on some lashing rails. They're meant to be mounted on the inside of the gunwale in the fore and aft sections of Shan Skailyn. The idea is to have some handy spots to lash and tie things to. They're all done now, though unfortunately, I've come to realize I don't have any proper size screws to mount them! I just ordered some and thankfully the helicopter is scheduled to bring some food in to us (remember, we live in the middle of the jungle here) in just a couple weeks, so I won't have to wait too long.

In front of the rails in the picture, are two odd looking pieces I made up as a way to mount my anchor, which I bought a couple months ago when we were out in town last. More on that in the next post. Gonna have to catch you up on a series of smaller details in the next few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment