Friday, September 16, 2011

No sails yet

Well our little excursion to the beach for swimming on Sunday produced very little in the way of outriggers. I did manage to make it over to the village that was right near where we were swimming. However it seemed that everyone was out on their canoes already. I wandered around the beach a bit and did manage to find a couple outriggers, but no owner. Everyone was gone.
I'm starting to think that my chances of getting a good look at a traditional sailing outrigger here in Wewak are pretty slim at this point. The workshop has us pretty busy. I do spot many a sailor from afar though, from where we're staying. We have a nice view of the ocean from up on the hillside. The silhouetted figure in the small picture is about all I can capture with my telephoto lens. Oh well. Maybe this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment