Wednesday, July 29, 2015

This is a LONG overdue video upload from 2013. It's the only footage of Shan Skailyn's 7 day maiden voyage... the very end of it as we passed through Madang harbor and then later as we arrived at our intended destination. My camera was stolen, along with all the photos and video footage of the trip. But my friend drove out to Madang to capture some of this with his phone, and then later captured our arrival. I made the video soon after, but never uploaded it because we didn't have internet at the time. I'd since forgotten. Hence the late post!


Shan Skailyn arrival.mp4 from geoff husa on Vimeo.
This is a quick little snippet documenting our arrival after Shan Skailyn's 7 day maiden voyage 90 miles up the north coast of Papua New Guinea, from Saidor to Madang (March 2013). This is a boat I made from one of Gary Dierking's designs (the Wa'apa). It was a long, rough voyage with winds and currents working against us most of the way. My camera was stolen the last night, which is why this is the only footage of the entire trip! Thankful for my friend who drove out to Madang, to catch some footage with his phone from coastwatchers point and then from his house where we ended our voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment