Thursday, November 19, 2015

Shan Skailyn Video

I was finally able to upload a quick video with some clips from my latest adventures on Shan Skailyn.  One thing I'd love to get comments on is regarding the flexing of the mast. I've never noticed before, but watching this video (looking down the mast) you can see the mast (luff spar) flexing at the attachment point where it is hoisted up against the stub mast. Is that a normal amount of flex, or is it excessive. Keep in mind it's about 15-20 knot wind where it's flexing like that.

In this video, I show a timelapse of the boat assembly after getting out of storage, then a quick shot of how nice the new rollers on the trailer are working, before getting to the actual sailing. Oh, and you can see how the unfolding of the crossbeam/ama hinges works when putting it in the water. Back up on the trailer is the same in reverse.

Enjoy!


Sailin' Shan Skailyn II from geoff husa on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment